Happy Friday once again. I want to use this post for two things, to remind you of a couple contest deadlines and to inform you of Writer’s Digest’s Popular Fiction Awards.
We have two upcoming contest deadlines. The first is the Bridport Prize on May 31st. You can go to this post for more information. The second is the final deadline for Writer’s Digest’s Annual Writing Competition, June 1st. This final deadline costs more to enter than the early bird deadline that I gave you in the original post on the Annual Writing Competition but it also means that you still have time to enter. Go to this post for more information.
Now, on to the Popular Fiction Awards. The entry form for this year’s contest was opened only a few days ago, so I thought I should inform everyone as soon as possible. Don’t worry, you have a while to enter. Here are the most important facts:
- Entries must be short stories that are 4,000 words or less.
- There are six categories in which you can enter: mystery/crime, horror, romance, science fiction/fantasy, thriller/suspense, and young adult. The contest page contains thorough definitions of each category.
- There are two different entry fees for the two deadlines. The early bird deadline costs $20 per entry. The regular deadline is $25 for the initial entry and $20 for each additional entry.
- Grand prize winner gets $2,500, a paid trip to the Writer’s Digest Conference, an interview in the May/June edition of the Writer’s Digest magazine, and more!
- Prizes are also available for one first prize winner in each category and honorable mentions.
- The early bird deadline is October 16, 2017. The regular deadline is November 15, 2017.
You can find more information on the contest at this link.
Good luck to everyone!
If you know of a contest or publishing opportunity you think I should discuss on this blog, let me know in the comments below or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.