I realize that this blog seems to be geared more towards fiction writers than poets and non-fiction writers, so I decided to talk about a writing contest specifically for poets. This contest is the Poetry Awards by Writer’s Digest. If you’ve a poetic mind and an active pen, please read on!
This contest is not much different from the other Writer’s Digest competitions I’ve discussed; this time it’s just for poetry.
Here are the basics:
- Poems can be of any form but must be 32 lines or less
- Early bird deadline is October 2, 2017
- Normal deadline is November 6, 2017
- Early bird entry fee is $15 for the first entry and $10 for subsequent entries; normal deadline entry fee is $20 for the first entry and $15 for subsequent entries
- Prizes are given for first through twenty-fifth place winners
- First place gets $1,000 in cash, a 20-minute consultation with Poet’s Market editor Robert Brewer, a copy of the 2018 Poet’s Market, and their poem published in the July/August 2018 edition of Writer’s Digest
For more information, follow this link.
If you’ve any unpublished poetry you’d like to share, I highly recommend trying this contest. Good luck to all who enter!
Know of any contests in fiction, poetry, or non-fiction with upcoming deadlines? Share the love and post them in the comments below, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can share it in a post on this blog.